Monday, June 1, 2009

To do or Not to do....

Well........ Life is getting exciting again, and I really don't know if I want to go along for the ride.

So, I spoke with my heart doc this morning. And had the same conversation I had with him the last time. You see...I have SVT, which means my heart is going to fast, and they want to do an ablation to slow it down. However, with this type of surgery, there is no guarantee that it will work. Well, it seems to work for a little while, but then the patients have to come back and have another, and eventually end up with a pacemaker. However!! The patients that end up with pace makers have a much better quality of life then before. Yes, I have done my homework about all of this, and I Really do trust the surgeon with my life. He's not telling me what to do, just suggesting a way to take a chance at a better life.

I have had 3 ablations before, for another problem......and I'm not too excited about going back to the Cath Lab for more. But, I'm tired.....and I want more out of life......so decisions have to be made. And the good news about this surgery is they only have to use 2 catheters, instead of 4 like they normally use! LOL, I'm trying to find the bright side of things here, can't you tell.....LMAO!!!

I also spoke with him about the PVC's coming back....and told him that they weren't really bad enough to complain about yet, but that I know how this story goes. I asked him if they could do both ablations at the same time...and he explained to me why they really couldn't. For one ablation, they'll put me totally under, and the other one has to be done awake~ Or in my case, sedated. I can't do them awake, it hurts too much!!! LOL...Oh well, I was trying to 'kill two birds with one stone' here..... He's curious to see where the new PVC's could be coming from, so I'll get another 21 day event monitor in a couple of weeks, and hopefully we can catch them. I used to get them so bad, I only had to wear the monitor for 24 hours and would have 30 pages of BS!! LOL....So, I'd say I'm moving up in the world!! Woooooo-Who! In the back of my mind, I was already prepared for them to come back....I'm a realist! And I've learned to expect the worst, and pray for the best!

I've managed to put this stuff off for over a year now, It's time to stop 'playing' and get on with it. Part of me was just hoping it 'would go away' and the other part of me just wanted to enjoy a year without being cut open!! Dang it!!! Now I get to think about making one of the biggest decisions of my life. Man, am I overwhelmed!!! Between my bladder, my boob and my heart, I swear.....

OK...I'm off to go watch a 'happy' movie and pretend for another hour or so that life is normal.
:)

*And I won't talk about that fact that my breast is hurting today from this stupid cyst!! can't a girl get a break??? Hahaha

2 comments:

  1. "Exciting" and "interesting" are two words I like to avoid when it comes to my health. I'm thinkin' good thoughts for you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Minikat!! I needed a hug:)

    ReplyDelete