Thursday, May 7, 2009

CT Went well...

But like I said to my bff yesterday.....Why does something so simple, always have to be so hard with me???? OK...So we got to the Imaging center at 10:30....checked in, and had a seat. Rachael Ray was on.....Then the nurse came to get me and told me that they were extremely backed up at the moment (The ER uses this center for it's ER patients) and that she wanted to get my iv line going that way when it came time to get the CT done...we could just get er' dun! She realized right away that my veins were hiding, and I informed her that they had a mind of their own, and some days they worked, and some days they didn't. She went and grabbed a baby needle...and started on the left arm....and well, that vein didn't hold up. So she left for a minute and came back with 5 more needles. LOL...This is where a normal person would run for the doors... LOL, but I knew she was just grabbing a handful so she didn't have to keep walking back there. Next she tried my right arm, and after fishing around in there for a minute, she got one. Once she got it in, she sent me back out into the waiting room. I had to laugh when I came back out and the bff started to get up...I told him that we weren't going anywhere...and showed him the lovely thing now hanging out of my arm. So we sat and watched the View....and then the news.......And then the lady came back out to get me. She apologized for the wait, and I told her I understood. (In case you're not catching on to my time references-the tv shows, I didn't get to the back until after 12:30ish)

When we got into the CT room, I asked her if I needed to remove my bra, because of the under wire.......And as she was turning back around she said, "Yeah, Do you want me to get you a gown?" Hahaha.....but I already had my bra in my hand....And she laughed and asked me what I did for a living....LOL< I have had so many CT done, I know the drill....so I wore a strapless bra so I could easily take it off and still keep my tank top on. It was funny...wonder if she thought I was a stripper or something, Now that's hilarious! So...on to the CT................That part was normal....Lie on the bed, they take a couple of pictures...they feed the contrast through the IV, take a few more pictures......and then a few more....and then your done. After the dose of contrast...I got cold.....really really cold. That's another lovely side effect of the dysautonomia....my internal thermostat is broken. And when I get cold, my body shakes and my teeth chatter. I explained to the nurse that this was normal for me, and that as soon as I got outside I would be fine. As I was leaving she told me Next time, She'd let me do my own CT, LOL!!

Of course the bff was laughing at me when I came out, cause I was almost running for the door. He knows the drill! After, we came back by the house so I could Pee for the fourth time....I went to rest room 3 times while we were there~ All that stupid water they made me drink before hand.....added to having to actually sit in a chair! Not fun!!!

After we went to lunch.

When the nurse asked me what I did for a living, I told her I was disabled. And she said what no one ever says, but I can tell they're thinking it, "You don't look disabled". And I said thanks. She also made a comment about how pleasant I was about all of it. This made me giggle. A couple of years ago, I wasn't very pleasant. In fact, I was down right Mad at the world! And I was in pain, and getting the run around about it. Now, I have some amazing Doctors.....and we are all on the same page! For those of you out there that are 'sick', Hang in there: Don't give up! You just have to find a doctor that will listen to you. Now that I actually have answers to my questions, I am much more at peace with myself. Plus, because of my heart, I try to keep my cool.... I don't argue like I used to, I just don't have that kind of energy.

Unless I'm at a fast food place....I went to Mc Donald's last night to pick up dinner, and decided to go inside instead of the drive through because I had a big order. Anyways....the girl was moving really slow, which really annoys me, Hello: It's suppose to be fast food. And when she was packing my order...She asked if I wanted her to put them in separate bags or one big bag....And I simple said "You can put the Happy Meal meals into Happy meal bags and Put the 2 combos in the same bag." I mean come on....Do I really need to explain to this girl how to pack our order??? The guys behind me were laughing because I said it sooooooo slooooow. LOL, So times you just have to break it down for people! Duh! Come on People, Let's get it together.

LOL...My oldest the other night made a comment about starting a blog about how embarrassing it is to go out in public with me. Hahahaha! That was after being in line at the drive-thru and me pointing out the customer in the store that had left his car running in the parking lot with his radio on. It was so loud, they couldn't hear anyone on the drive through speaker box talking.
When that guy came out of the store, I was still fussin, and my son was ducking down in his seat, worried "I was going to get him shot"!! LOL, I told him I wasn't scared of that 'kid' and that he probably couldn't even hear the words coming out of my mouth because his dang music was so loud! LOL......

Oh...crap...look at the time....I have to be at Physical Therapy in 30 minutes and I'm not even showered yet! ok....TTYL

Me

2 comments:

  1. Glad the CT situation went well...other than the wait. Let us know what your doc says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the nurse might have thought you worked in health care of some kind, since you were a step ahead of her :)

    GL at Physio

    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete