Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Surgery has been rescheduled! UGG!!

So! Remember when I said, 'If all goes as planned'.......Yeah! I knew this was coming, but for a moment I thought that maybe something would go smoothly in my life. So the other day when the anesthesiologist nurse called to ask me the routine questions...we got into a bit of a disagreement. She was asking me questions, that I assume now, were meant to have Yes or No answers...and well...nothing is yes or no in my life! She asked me if I got out of breathe walking up 2 flights of stairs, and I said sometimes. Sometimes I do get out of breathe, it just depends on the kinda of day I'm having. She asked if I ever get chest pains...and again my answer was sometimes. Sometimes I do get wicked chest pain.....most days I do not. But I can't say simply Yes or No. LOL, She kept telling me they were not acceptable answers, and I asked her if she wanted me to lie to her or something?? So, then she told me that I might need Cardiac approval to have surgery. Now, I've never had surgery at this hospital, and that was weirding me out to begin with...but now the nurses are giving me crap over my heart. I have a healthy heart, it just has electrical problems. *Oh, and when I told her I had 3 ablations on my heart, and now it was going to fast, she told me that ablation were suppose to fix that problem. It really annoys me when people assume they know everything about the human body. There are a 'few' of us out there that have these dysfunctional bodies, and can Not be put in the same classification as other people. And I for one, do not have the energy to sit on the phone and re-educate these people. But part of me wants to have access to something that is printed that can be sent to these people to better understand what Dysautonomia is. Just wondering if anyone else who has this, ever runs into problems with people who think they know how it's suppose to be?!

So, When I didn't hear anything back from the hospital, I naturally assumed they had what they needed....well, until my doctor's office called me late yesterday evening to tell me that the hospital wouldn't do surgery until I had a letter in writing from my heart doc. Good Lord! Luckily I have an appointment Friday with my heart doc......and now my surgery has been pushed to next Wednesday...at a different hospital, btw, lol!!! If they don't feel 'confident' I don't feel confident! And I will go somewhere where they know me!

2 comments:

  1. Better they be confident. What a goofy nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So frustrating! I hate doing that whole explain over the phone thing. It really never goes well. I hope things go the way you want them to this time!

    ReplyDelete