Sunday, September 6, 2009

Cleared for Surgery:)

Just wanted to say I got my cardiac clearance for Surgery on Wednesday. I knew I would...and actually the doctor told me he had already sent them a letter, but would send another. Tuesday morning I plan on calling the doctors office to make sure they have received it, and if not, I'm going to drive back out to the heart doc office and get a copy myself. Hopefully though, they already have it, and I can relax and mentally prepare for surgery.

So, the original reason I had this appointment was to discuss a new medicine. The last time I was there, he said he had some medical journals sitting on his desk that he wanted to read, and asked me if I could come back in a month. We were talking about switching medicine to see if it would help with my symptoms. So....when I went in the other day, he had read the materials and told me about what he found. This new medicine is a beta-blocker? that seems to be making a difference 'in people like me'......However You can't get it in the USA. I think he said it wasn't approved by the FDA yet......but encouraged me to find out what I could on it. I have not yet, but hope to soon. The medicine is called IVABRADINE....and this may be the generic name. Once I find out more, I will let you know. but if there is anyone who knows about this or anyone in the UK or Canada that can find out anything on this for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Ok, That's it for now. I'm sure I'll be back soon.
:)

2 comments:

  1. There weren't any results on webmd.com for IVABRADINE.

    You are in my thoughts, Katie. Best wishes for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery. Rest lots and get mentally prepared.

    Lotsa hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you, babe. See you soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete