Friday, September 25, 2009

For some reason, I'm having trouble with my words this morning, but I feel the need to talk....So here goes my confusion......

Let's see...first off....I went back to the OBGYN for a follow-up, and after, I really questioned myself why I went at all. First off...it's a teaching hospital I go to, so the first thing you get to do it go through your history with a complete stranger, and if you've read my blog at all, You know this is No quick story....So after I get done talking to the student....I get to talk to the doc. And he tells me, it's probably something called IBS. And that he didn't know what else to tell me. Well, I tried real hard to hold myself together as I tried to explain to him that I have had IBS since I was a little girl, and that I know what it is, and this isn't it!! We seem to have a little miscommunication problem, because we went through this whole conversation again, me Reminding Him again that I know what IBS is and that this is not it. Now at the time, I was so pissed that anyone would try and explain to me what something is....something that I have had MY WHOLE life....and they have only 'Read' about in some book, That I overlooked the big picture here...........Maybe this abdominal pain I'm having does have something to do with my bowels, but in no way is it IBS! I have been hunting down my reason for abdominal pain for years now......And I have learned a few things....and Yet, I'm completely clueless....or am I? Also...a year ago, I saw the GI doc, and had a colonoscopy...and everything looked OK.....So We assumed it was my bladder, and off to the Urologist I went....he did some tests....and after I read the results from a CT, I felt the need to see an OBGYN. And now the OBGYN is telling me I need to see a GI doc. And back around this circle I go!! Welcome to the story of my life.

So.....as I broke down in the doctor office last week, We agreed that I would have my follow up ultrasound, and then go from there. My appt is for next Thursday...so we will see.

My real problem, is that I hate it when a doctor just gives up. Or at least I don't want to hear that "You don't know"....What kinda shit is that?? At least help me figure out what direction to go in. Run a test or something, but don't just give up..... CRAP......and like that the words are gone......lol

OK, so...I went to the library yesterday, and tried to find a book on the Autonomic Nervous System, and had to settle for a book about the central nervous system that contained a few pages about the ANS. And not one book that I looked in contained anything about Dysautonomia. Sad, huh! I was really on the hunt for how the ANS effects the reproductive system. Just wondering how the 2 work together. And well......I still don't get it. Didn't find what I was looking for, and If I did, I didn't get it. Damn terminology! If I did get it, I'd go to med school.....and do it myself. So, that's where I need the doctors help......right?

LOL~and now I'm confusing myself. There's a point in here, really there is! So.....Next week, I go in for my ultrasound, and assuming everything is back to normal....then I can go see my family doctor and see if we can't start from the beginning again. I haven't seen him in awhile anyways......so it's about time to catch up. And I really need to get a new head doctor.....the one I have had for years retired, and I've been putting it off, but I know the time has come where I need the support again. It's time for my annual, as well....so I need to take care of that. Even though I don't have a cervix or uterus anymore, I still have to get checked because I once had dysplasia. Plus it's good to check in with my regular OB every now and then.....maybe she can point me in a new direction?? I also need to update my records, and get get copies of all the testing I've had done in the last year.

Oh....and I had to push back my follow-up with the breast surgeon. My car died last week, and I couldn't find a ride to the appt, so we moved it. I believe it's for this coming Tuesday now ......

.....and the point.....

It's time for me to get my butt in gear, and just do it. I just wanna get ahead of this game!

2 comments:

  1. The first thing that comes to mind is my father saying, "doctors are practicing."

    When I moved to this area a couple of years ago I ended up at an urgent care place for a UTI since I didn't have a doc here yet. The staff there were really nice so I asked them if any family practice docs in the area, "had their heads removed from their rectal sphincters so their brain could get adequate oxygen on a regular basis."

    I got several laughs and some names. Still haven't gone to see any of them yet though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think sometimes doctors need to stop and think to themselves- "what if this was me or my spouse". You know- put a little emotional side to it. When I had skin cancer the doctor left me a message saying "you have malignant melanoma, you need to make an appointment to have this taken care of" Did he not stop to consider I might freak out? I hope that when you go for the follow up ultrasound you get a better doctor Katie- one that has the drive and determination to help you find answers.

    ReplyDelete