Monday, April 20, 2009

Explanation of the Pictures...

Thought Id explain some of the pictures on my sidebar for ya. The first one is me....taken when I was around 24ish? I edited it a little...Thought It looked better in blue.

Next we have the one that reads "And how do you feel today?" I did that one about 4 years ago....Got really frustrated one night cause I was tired of explaining how I felt...and got to thinking...If I could just draw a picture, and so I did! ..... Yes, The white part across the legs is suppose to be white...I can't feel anything in this area? Nerve damage with surgeries~ so I left it blank, lol.

The Profile Picture is of me and My Mom in Scotland....We're on one end of a see-saw, and my Dad was on the other....

Next is the one that Reads "Art that soothes my soul" This is one of a collection of colored pencil drawings that I did in my early 20s. This one is the most kid friendly, so that's why I have it up...

LOL...Next is a picture I did the night I was in labor with my oldest....I was 16. I got the original picture in school, it was a watercolor done by someone else. Never did manage to keep that artists name...Anyways, I did it in colored pencils. Sat at my Mom's kitchen table 'coloring' all night!!

And the last photo is of the balloon that was in my abdomen for a month, holding my bowels up.... Some days I still just have to look at the picture to believe it wasn't just a bad dream. Unreal!!!!!!

Art has helped me get through so many obstacles in life. Some people run, some people eat, some people turn to naughty vises......I color, lol.

1 comment: