Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Well....Things went well today.

Saw my head doc this morning.... Learned that I really need to go into my symptoms more. Realized that I've just been going with the flow for years. I have issues with several body functions, and well, it's just become normal to me. I've had the proper work ups done, so I know I'm not dying, and that helps relieve some of that stress...But my symptoms are still here. I've gone through pain management therapy, and physical therapy and learned a lot about dealing with pain. I can't take any of the 'good pain killers', unless I want to spend the night vomiting, and when your in pain, throwing up doesn't help, neither does an IBS flair- which can also be a result of taking any pain medicine. I take hot/warm/cold baths, use a heating pad, a TENS machine, massage; trigger point rubbing, Sleep.....and then occasionally use Tylenol, Valium and recently Darvocet. Although I don't think I've taken one of those since last weekend, but then again...I've had the kids~ and I don't like 'being knocked out' when they're all here. OK...so I need to stop rambling again and get to a point. At some point I need to find a starting point, and work way way form head to toe, and get those 'symptoms' written down for someone to understand. Fun, huh.... I have tried this in the past and normally only last a few days recording things because I Hate Reliving It!! At least that's how I feel when I have to write about what happened.....then again, sometimes it can be therapeutic. So.....

I went to see the new GYN today, and I think I may be able to work with her. She's ordered another ultrasound......2 weeks from today, then I have a follow up appt. a month from then. I think she understands where I'm coming from with not wanting to go back on Hormone therapy, and understands my need to try and keep my only ovary. I just turned 31 this past April, and I'm not ready for menopause yet. And I don't think my body will handle that too well~ thinking it may affect the dysautonomia. However she did ask me when was the 'last time someone scoped me'......and I didn't really realize that it has been 5 years. Actually the last time someone looked inside was when I had that abscess removed, and the Foley ball temporary put in. Wonder what's happened in there since then? So...as usual...time will tell. Oh...and she upped my Amitriptyline......can't remember why exactly.....but I'm off to find out, lol.

**OK, so Amitriptyline (of which was originally prescribed to me for migraines) can also be used for chronic pain that is nerve related, anxiety disorders, and a few other unrelated (to me) things. So I'm assuming she's upped the dose to control my 'chronic pain'. At least that's my opinion. **Other uses: Carpul Tunnel Syndrome , IBS, and internal cystitis may all be treated with amitriptyline.
and Due to amiptriptyline's ability to induce sleepiness, it is sometimes used to treat insomnia

See ya next time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment