Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm still here......

Yes! I know, I am long overdue on a post......But don't worry, you haven't missed much! I took the month of December off! I decided that I needed a month of no doctors! No stress! No BS! I'm 'sick' and there's nothing that can be done about that....and all the other little things are just bumps in the road, But Dang it! I need a break sometimes! And if that means staying away from the stress of the doctors, then so be it. I honestly could use another month or 2 to hide, but I'm afraid that if I put things off any longer, I may cause more damage. So....with that said:

I saw my PCP yesterday to catch up and try and get a handle on somethings. When I had my annual exam with my regular OBGYN, she told me that my Thyroid was 'prominent" and that I needed to get it checked out. Well......My step-sister has had hers removed, then My Mom had hers removed this past year....and well, it's just something I didn't want to deal with over the holidays! I can't tell you how many times I have spent the holidays sitting at the hospital waiting on a CT, or blood work, or preparing for surgery.....and well, this year, I didn't want to do that! However, my life isn't really about me, it's about all those people that surround me, and well, I can't let them down. So, yesterday, I got my blood work done, and the doc has ordered an ultrasound to check it out further. Funny thing is I now know where my Thyroid is.....From what I read yesterday, your not suppose to be able to feel it at all......Unless it's acting up~ so maybe now that I've said something aloud about it, it will go away! Honestly, I've felt it acting up for months now, but I honestly made myself believe that I was just having sympathy 'aches' for my Mother.....Or I blamed it on my sinus draining.....Yes, I have been trying to think of everything else, but the worse case scenario....I'm just tired of being cut open.....Really! I'm over it!

And then to top it all off, I can't stop thinking about going back to school. About where my life isn't going. I had so many dreams of what my life was going to be like...and they're all coming back to me. I just don't know how to balance doing something with myself and taking care of myself. It's depressing! I keep telling myself that there's a bigger plan, and that this is how I'm suppose to prepare for it......but it makes my head hurt thinking about what it is that I'm preparing for, ya know! Life!

......and we can't forget about my ovary! Next month I gotta get an ultrasound to see if that cyst has shrunk any....and yet, I don't have a doctor I trust to talk to about it. I like my primary OBGYN~ But she sent me up stream along time ago, because my case was too complex....and I don't blame her! Actually I respected her for being honest with me about it. Yesterday, my PCP told me to go back to her, and see if I can't find a new starting point. I really don't wanna, and still haven't called. I just feel like I'm running in circles....well, maybe crawling in circles would be more like it, lol. Point is, I'm going nowhere fast, and IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

So, as I sit here and prepare for my next ride, I think. and Think.....and think........
Will I ever be able to get past this?????

Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Katie- I so wish that life had not dealt you this. I can't even begin to imagine how frustrated you must be. Did you know that some colleges and community colleges have classes and programs you can take completely online? I bet you would qualify for some grants too. You would probably have to go to the school at least one time to have a counselor help you out with what you were eligible for in grants and what you could take online so your schedule could be a bit more flexible- but it's something to think about anyhow. Maybe it would be a way for you to realize a part of your dreams- and hey- a little start is better than nothing, right?

    ReplyDelete